Looking at the big picture and actively shaping tomorrow’s transformation processes and innovation systems
How will innovations arise in the future? Increasingly shorter development cycles, many different technological opportunities and entirely new forms of teamwork are changing workplace processes of innovation. They will also affect market conditions and customer behavior in the long term.
In the scope of diverse research projects, scientists on Mobility and Innovation Systems teams work on solutions and methods for conceiving, designing and introducing product, process and service innovations. These interdisciplinary project teams always pursue a holistic approach that is compatible with technology, people and the environment. Research pursuits emphasize close cooperation between the domains of mobility, energy, information technology and communications technology.
To ensure that we translate theory into practice, we test our approaches on our own fleet of electric vehicles, in our smart microgrid living lab or in our in-house mobility innovation lab, which is a prototyping facility as well as a creativity space for ideation and expert workshops.
Our key areas of research:
- Trend research and big-data analyses for the development of strategic and business models
- Identification and evaluation of technological and market developments
- Development of mobility concepts and guiding principles for mobility
- Assessment and conceptual formulation of business and operation models as well as mobility services
- Planning and dimensioning of integrated energy solutions and charging infrastructure for electric vehicles
- Ideation and prototyping of innovative technologies for the vehicles of tomorrow
- Scientific guidance on transformation processes
- Development of cooperative formats for research, participation and workshops
- Research on user acceptance of mobility innovations