Tailor-made and secure IT solutions for versatile applications
Keywords such as digitalization, the Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence speak to the remarkable pace of innovation in information technology. Smart IT solutions and methods pave the way towards exploiting the potential of digitalization and successfully realizing innovative processes and products. In the scope of multiple research projects, our Digital Business researchers develop and test how new software systems and algorithms based on big data and artificial intelligence boost the creation of value at companies by means of, for instance, automation, assistance with making decisions, analyses, and forecasts.
Fraunhofer IAO collaborates with partners in Germany and abroad to carry out these projects, some of which are funded by the European Union, Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the German state of Baden-Württemberg. At present, the main technological topics are artificial intelligence, big data, the Internet of Things (IoT) and secure clouds. Typical areas of application include business processes, energy systems, electromobility and smart cities.
Our key areas of research:
- Digitalization strategies and solutions
- Artificial intelligence and digital assistants
- Big data and process automation
- Cloud-based platforms, ecosystems and business models
- Cognitive IT applications for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Corporate software and process optimization
- IT for intelligent energy systems and electromobility
- Use of service platforms for smart cities