Some current projects include putting together comprehensive mobility and energy concepts, adding electric vehicles to fleets, identifying and assessing the service potential of automated driving, and analyzing (mobility) data to craft new business models. In joint cross-sector projects, our Fraunhofer IAO researchers identify and harness technological potential that can help market players gain or even sharpen their competitive edge.
To ensure that we translate theory into practice, we test our approaches on our own fleet of electric vehicles, in our smart microgrid living lab or in our in-house mobility innovation lab, which is a prototyping facility as well as a creativity space for ideation and expert workshops.
Our Mobility and Innovation Systems researchers focus on:
- Mobility trends and innovative technologies
- Autonomous driving and use of time
- Innovative technologies for the vehicles and microcars of tomorrow
- Electromobility and local energy systems
- Charging-infrastructure concepts, business and operator models
- Digitalization and transformation of the mobility sector
- Value creation and employment
- Participation and innovation formats