Ergonomics and human-technology interaction
Companies and institutions benefit from ergonomic optimization in a variety of ways:
- Ergonomic products and interfaces are appealing and raise customer satisfaction – there is increasing opportunity for market success.
- Ergonomic workspaces and work systems improve employees’ comfort and safety – productivity goes up.
Carrying out ergonomic analyses and drafting ergonomic concepts are among Fraunhofer IAO’s core competencies. Our interdisciplinary team of industrial engineers and designers analyzes, designs and develops consumer goods, tools, machines, workplaces, information systems and user interfaces. At Fraunhofer IAO, the focus is always on the user.
For our customers, we
- analyze and evaluate existing solutions and identify opportunities for improvement,
- study user behavior, user experience and usability,
- compile design and action recommendations for ergonomic human-machine interaction, workspaces, work processes as well as products and
- develop and test new solutions using virtual and real functional demonstrators.
Fraunhofer IAO has an excellent infrastructure featuring state-of-the-art development and testing labs.
If you’ve recognized that ergonomics is a key to enhancing your company’s success, get in touch with our experts.