Solutions for livable, sustainable cities
Home, work and play will all be closely linked in the city of the future. If this is to succeed in a way that is not only economically appealing but also ensures a high quality of life and social sustainability, we need viable concepts for our buildings and city districts.
Thanks to our international project experience, Fraunhofer IAO has access to more than 1000 examples of good practice for project developers, city planners, investors and property developers. Clients benefit from our expertise at the interface between technology management, sustainability strategy and communal development.
- identify and evaluate forward-looking solutions and technologies for the city of the future early on,
- pin down the areas in which cities need to take action,
- develop concepts for planning buildings and city districts,
- realize prototype solution strategies or make them virtually accessible, and
- assist in concept implementation and evaluation.
We contribute our multifaceted experience in city development and the smart city to forward-looking innovation networks. Together with partners from municipalities, industry and research, we work to convert the latest research findings into practical applications.
Are you involved in sustainable city development? Let’s talk about working together!