How digitalization is changing the manufacturing world
One aspect of Industry 4.0 is the way manufacturing work is quickly changing with smart connectivity: machines, plants, products, warehouses and tools communicate with each other. And thanks to mobile devices, they communicate with employees, too. Products can now be manufactured more easily and with more variations. Companies can better satisfy the needs of individual customers. Digitalization will also change the service provider business and offer manufacturing plants new opportunities.
At Fraunhofer IAO, we are at the forefront of scientific research and practical design for this development. We
- identify the impact, challenges and opportunities of Industry 4.0 for companies and their workforces,
- develop individualized Industry 4.0 solutions for our clients in manufacturing, from the initial idea on through to implementation,
- create new business models,
- bring industrial enterprises, technology suppliers and organizations together in the Manufacturing Work 4.0 (»Produktionsarbeit 4.0«) innovation network,
- use Fraunhofer IAO’s Industry 4.0 Future Lab to optimize each use case,
- offer an up-to-date overview of available technologies, and
- examine the phenomenon in scientific studies.
How will Industry 4.0 impact your manufacturing operations? Let us advise you today!