Innovative controls for machinery and manufacturing plants
Until now, the purpose of human-machine interfaces (HMI) has been to ensure safe and effective operation and monitoring.
At Fraunhofer IAO, we go well beyond this requirement: we develop HMI concepts for increasingly networked and smart manufacturing plants in order to facilitate a dynamic cooperation and partnership between people and technology. Our HMI make complex processes transparent and easy to monitor while using motivating elements to promote employee commitment and responsibility. For instance, we apply knowledge from neuroscience to enable highly individualized operation.
Our cutting-edge expertise is of benefit to:
- machinery and plant manufacturers who can set themselves apart from their competitors by offering HMI solutions with innovative display features and interactive functions,
- manufacturing companies whose employees are required to keep an eye on many different sources of information and who can be supported with innovative, motivating, and ergonomically designed HMI solutions, and
- technology providers who are planning to market human-machine interaction solutions that transcend cultural boundaries and skill levels.
Our focal areas of research include:
- interaction concepts for efficient manufacturing processes
- design and technologies for innovative user interfaces
- prototyping and user testing
- tools and processes for HMI engineering
Are you looking to develop tailored HMI solutions? We can support you!