Do entirely different laws govern the world of services when compared with the world of products? Are successful new services the result of a random »flash of inspiration« or can they be »invented« to schedule?
The Competence Team New Service Development offers practical answers to questions like these. The specialist discipline »Service Engineering« was set up to do just that, and is now acknowledged and in great demand around the world.
Based on the theory that the service sector can learn from classic product development when it comes to its own development, systematic methods are being rolled out to bring new services to market or to structure existing services more efficiently and in line with customer needs. »Soft factors« such as the interaction between service provider and customer play an important role in this respect. The future-oriented work of the Competence Team will also look at the modeling and simulation of services as well as the prototyping of new service offerings.
The portfolio of the Competence Team New Service Development includes the following services:
- Design of development processes for services,
- Identification of new services and creation of business plans,
- Determination of requirements placed on new services,
- Visualization and testing of service concepts,
- Definition of service levels,
- Design of service processes,
- Design of customer/staff interaction,
- Support for the market launch of new services.