The assignments undertaken in service management comprise the customer-oriented design of services along with the analysis and optimization of service processes.
Issues such as the standardization and modularization of service components and the internationalization of services, or the implementation of service concepts with service-oriented architectures also figure large.
The work of the Competence Team Service Management is geared to the lifecycle of services and hybrid products.
Both cross-functional and phase-specific issues are addressed.
These include the:
- Development of service strategies for manufacturing companies,
- Standardization and modularization of service portfolios,
- Design, analysis and optimization of service processes,
- Design, analysis and optimization of sales structures with service providers,
- Development of organizational solutions for the successful export of services,
- Rollout of performance systems to control service productivity.
Innovative issues in service management can only be tackled through collaboration between various specialist disciplines. Collaboration with colleagues from the fields of service development and service work, as well as an international network of research institutes, also enables highly innovative issues to be tackled by drawing on the necessary expertise.