Network: pooling strengths for sustainable succes
Creating tight networks with industry and scientific partners is a key factor in our ability to continuously transform new ideas into top performance. We collaborate closely with our branch labs and network partners on specific research topics.
Network office in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)Fraunhofer IAO has been running a network office in Cluj to provide on-site support since July 1, 2014.
Reutlingen UniversityAt the core of the collaboration with Reutlingen University’s EBS Business School is the link between education and research in the area of technology and innovation management.
The Fraunhofer network: Service which meets requirementsThe IAO’s skills profile is particularly enhanced by its tightly-meshed links with other Fraunhofer institutes, which is one of the reasons we are associated with organizations such as the Fraunhofer Information and Communication Technology Group, which is the largest ICT research group in Europe. We also have close connections to the institutes of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft that focus on production engineering. For example, the Fraunhofer IAO has successfully collaborated with the Fraunhofer IPA plus a current total of more than 30 business partners to establish the Digital Production innovation cluster.
Institutes of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft with their various areas of expertise also cooperate within the scope of Fraunhofer alliances and networks, where they join forces to develop and promote new, innovative research topics. The Fraunhofer IAO is involved in the following alliances and networks:
- Fraunhofer Ambient Assisted Living Alliance
- Fraunhofer BigData Alliance
- Fraunhofer Building Innovation Alliance
- Fraunhofer Cloud Computing Alliance
- Fraunhofer eGovernment Center
- Fraunhofer Nanotechnology Alliance
- Fraunhofer Sustainability Alliance
- Fraunhofer Traffic and Transportation Alliance
- Fraunhofer-Verbund IUK-Technologie
- Innovationscluster Digitale Produktion
Further networksThanks to its intensive collaboration with other research institutions and the organizations represented within the networks, it succeeds in promoting both scientifically-oriented research and applied implementation of new instruments and methods in workplace practices.
- Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft für Produktentwicklung WiGeP – Berliner Kreis & WGMK
- Deutsche Akademie der Technikwissenschaften (acatech)
- European Association for REsearch on SERvices (RESER)
- Gesellschaft für Arbeitswissenschaft e.V. (GfA)
- Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI)
- Hochschulgruppe Arbeits- und Betriebsorganisation HAB e.V.
- International Academy for Production Engineering (CIRP)
- International Foundation on Production Research (IFPR)
- Institute for Innovation and Information Productivity
- Service Research & Innovation Institute (SRII)
- Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft für Produktionstechnik (WGP)